President Yoweri Museveni met with some of his trusted ministers on Monday at State House, Nakasero following rumors that teachers are planning another strike.
Media reports reveal that the teachers are angry at the government for failing to fulfill their promise of 20 percent salary increment and they believe it was just a myth.
Apparently, some teachers plan to strike as students prepare to sit for their exams “so that the government can go into another crisis.”
The main agenda of the meeting was not publicly revealed but President Museveni wanted to discuss the way forward on teachers pending issues.
- Uganda Cranes Player Asks To Meet President Museveni
- MP's Grill Bbumba Over CMB Workers Pay
- Tabloid Cites Sorcery In Scramble For Museveni’s Ministerial Jobs
- Museveni Pledges Two Pick-Ups to Ankole Diocese to Help in Women Projects
- LIVE: State Of The Nation Address 2014 #SOTN14UG
The meeting is believed to have started at 2:00pm, with the Education Minister, Hon Jessica Alupo leading the cabinet ministers. Others ministers present were Hon Rose Namayanja, Frank Tumwebaze, Sezi Mbaguta and Hon Rebecca Otengo.
This team is reported to have been formed two weeks ago and given two weeks to investigate teachers’ issues and propose a way forward to the President.
Source: Red Pepper