KCCA FC narrowly defeated Burundi’s Atletico 1-0 at Kigali Regional stadium, Nyamirambo on Wednesday. Brian Umony netted the only goal in the 22nd minute.
Umony converted a penalty after Francis Nongwe fouled him in the forbidden area.
The result means that the Ugandan representatives steadily progressing to the quarter finals of the 2014 CECAFA Kagame Cup.
Tony Majwega hit the cross bar to deny KCCA a 2-0 lead. In the second half, Atletico made changes to their team bringing on Zacharie Hakizimana who threatened goalie Sakka Mpiima with some great shots on goal.
KCCA now leads group B with six points, followed by Djibouti’s Telecom FC, APR FC and Atletico with 3 points each and Gor Mahia are the last on the top.
- Uganda Approved to Host the World Open Beach Volleyball Event
- Injuries Cost Masiko KCCA FC Armband
- NIC Trounces Maroons In Netball League
- Betting Doesn’t Mean Wasting Your Savings
- Uganda's Hockey Clubs set for Africa Club Championships
The Ugandans next game is against APR FC on Sunday. KCCA FC only need a draw to get to thequarter finals.
Additional information from Kawowo Sports