Airtel Uganda has on Wednesday opened a new customer care center on Kampala Road in a move to expand its reach.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Mr. VG Somasekhar, the Airtel Managing Director said, “The new premium shop is one of the many innovations that Airtel has embarked on since the merger.”
He said one of their innovations is that both Airtel and Warid recharge cards can recharge numbers of both networks.
Airtel has launched various premium shops and customer care centers countrywide and Mr Somasekhar says there are more openings to follow in the months to come.
- Huawei Pledges To Cooperate With African Union On ICT To Connect Africa
- Airtel Uganda Extends Free Healthcare Services to the Lira Community
- Airtel launches One Network Throughout Africa
- Airtel MD Promises More Access To Mobile Commerce Services
- Huawei Aims To Become World’s Leading Smartphone Producer By 2021
“The recently concluded partnership with Huawei will see exclusive products from the company available in the new Airtel shop,” he added.
Mr Somasekhar also welcomed the new Board Chairman and thanked him for the support and guidance provided during this merger period. “Mr. Chris Kassami comes with a wealth of knowledge and experience from the business world and we can only expect great things from him,” he added.
In his remarks, Mr. Chris Kassami said it has been the company’s endeavor to enhance the customer experience for all of the 7.2 million customers.
Also present at the launch was Huawei CEO Radoslaw Kedziawho gave a Huawei Ascend W1 to a lucky winner.