Former Police FC striker Davis Kasirye has signed a two year deal with DR Congo side Motema Pembe at a said fee of Ugsh302.4m.
Kasirye, recently at Rwanda topflight side Ryon Sport, a side he joined after failure to secure a starting berth at Express FC, is yet to feature for Cranes in a competitive game and has since improved joining Ryon Sport; Kasirye scored 13 goals last season in Rwanda’s topflight league.
It is believed Kasirye declined to join an undisclosed South Africa club giving Motema Pembe first priority. The ambitious striker says his dream is to become a top striker on the continental and he is willing to learn and improve his scoring skills.
Since he left Police FC in 2013 Kasirye struggled for form but his present performance have convinced the Congelese side. Kasirye attributes his latest achievement to hard work and hopes he can impress the Cranes national team coach and earn a much coveted Cranes call up.
- UPL: Goalie Mathias Kigonya's free kick Seals Bright stars Win
- Robert Ssentongo Set For KCC Return As Villa Completes Signing Of Kasumba
- Lweza To Battle Police In Uganda Cup
- CONGO LOOTING: Foreign Affair’s Mugume Dismisses Shs18 Trillion Award
- Police FC Lose Midfield Maestro To Ambitious Mike Mutebi’s KCCA FC
20 per cent of the transfer fee will be paid to Ryon Sport as Kasirye’s by out clause for his contract. Kasirye is the second Uganda striker to play for Motema Pembe after Yudah Mugalu in 2011 joined the same side from Victors FC.