Airtel Uganda has handed over the proceeds that were collected during the Kabaka Birthday Run to contribute towards the fight against Fistula.
This was at the handover ceremony held at the Buganda palace in Mengo and attended by the Airtel Uganda team led by Mr. Anwar Soussa, the Managing Director and the Buganda kingdom team led by Katikiro Charles Peter Mayigga.
Speaking at the handover ceremony, Mr. Soussa said, “We are so honored and proud to partner with the Buganda Kingdom as they fight to put an end to fistula.”
“This partnership is Airtel’s commitment to improving women’s health and creating viable solutions in the Ugandan health sector,”he added.
Sr. Mary Gorret Namulya,head of Kitovu hospital thanked Airtel Uganda for their overwhelming support and promised to ensure all the funds are put to good use in this fight.
Buganda Kingdom Katikiro, OwekPeter Mayiga thanked Airtel Uganda for their support in this fight and praised them for saving the mothers of the nation.
“I call upon all women, to immediately seek medical attention when they see signs of fistula and not be embarrassed by it,” he concluded.
- Airtel Distributes Mobile Phones To Hospitals To Ensure Alertness Against Ebola
- Nigerian Artist Tiwa Savage To Headline Airtel Women’s Day Concert
- Airtel Uganda Now Official Sponsor For Uganda Cranes
- Airtel Uganda, Partners Introduce Savings Solution To Store Cash As Mobile Money
- Taxi Operators Can Now Pay KCCA’s Monthly License Through Airtel Money
Airtel Uganda has so far handed over more than 150 million shillings to Kitovu Hospital for this noble cause.